- Go to bitbucket.org, github.com, or gitorious.org with your favorite web browser and search for “ruby.”
- Pick a random project and click on it.
I had to pick Ruby Warrior!
- Click on the Source tab and browse through the list of files and directories until you find a .rb file.
There are many .rb files…I decided to look at this level.rb for Ruby Warrior.
- Start at the top and read through the code, taking notes on what you think it does.
I copied the code into my text editor and tried to read through it, while adding comments on what I thought was happening… there were definitely a lot of new terms and symbols!
- If any symbols or strange words seem to interest you, write them down to research later.